Devising & Physicality Workshop
Revitalise your students' devising skills!
Bring one of our specialist Frantic Assembly practitioners to your school and let your students experience an insight into how a professional company creates new material.
- Provides your students with a bank of skills to take away and use in their own devising work
- Promotes the physical confidence your students need to be brave and bold with the material they are making
- Uses production specific exercises from shows like Lovesong, Stockholm, Beautiful Burnout and Othello
- Instructs students on the various devising processes used by Frantic Assembly when working collaboratively to produce multi-disciplined performance, which will transfer perfectly to their own productions
- Addresses skills required for students to enhance their abilities in the areas of performance, movement, directing and critical analysis including the opportunity to workshop movement into meaning.
All of our workshops are active explorations of the Frantic method of devising, which is about empowering people to be better at making theatre from a physical starting point. For this reason, our workshops do not explore suggested themes or texts, nor do they devise performances for examinations.
Frantic Assembly is a recommended company on AQA, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC and IB syllabuses and is studied widely at GCSE, BETC, AS and A-Level as well as undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
If you have any further queries about this workshop, contact our Learn and Train Co-ordinator Juliet Styles by emailing or call the office on 020 7841 3119.